The new Denver franchise was anounced yesterday

http://www.centralhockeyleague.com/press...le_id=8234

and here is an article about thier new coach

http://www.centralhockeyleague.com/press...le_id=8241
04-11-2012 05:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
qcpuckhead Offline

RE: Denver Expansion Franchise Anounced
(04-11-2012 05:05 PM)mkhockeygoalie Wrote:  First off I am honored to be the one to christen the new CHL forum Angel

This is pretty awesome news. Even if the word about Fort Wayne and Evansville leaving, and possibly Dayton folding, all turns out to be true, adding a franchise in Denver will keep the league a decent size. And it will be really great if the rumors about St Charles prove to be as true as the rumors about Denver!
04-11-2012 11:11 PM
mkhockeygoalie Offline

Yes, I hope this new Denver can be a strong team in the league both on and off the ice. I think Fort Wayne will definately be moving over the summer, especially with the Chicago Express (ECHL) folding. Evansville I think will probably follow, but then again I have my doubts about them leaving the CHL too. As for Dayton I hope they can stregthen their ownership, (although not likely), I'm sure they'll be here in St. Charles soon enough.

Also about Denver: Its funny how the Colorado Avalanche owner bought the Broomefield Arena to turn it into a roller derby and keep out a hockey franchise. Looks like they undermined that plan by going to the Denver Colliseum Tongue
04-12-2012 12:20 AM
qcpuckhead Offline

(04-12-2012 12:20 AM)mkhockeygoalie Wrote:  Also about Denver: Its funny how the Colorado Avalanche owner bought the Broomefield Arena to turn it into a roller derby and keep out a hockey franchise. Looks like they undermined that plan by going to the Denver Colliseum Tongue

Isn't the Denver Colosseum actually closer than the Broomefield Arena to the Avalanche's arena ? I remember hearing that, but I don't know for sure if it's true.
04-12-2012 12:24 AM
hockeybear Offline
Rock on Alaska Aces!

Lucky for their D1 Denver Pioneers college hockey team that the CHL will be playing in a different arena. (Pioneers I think play in the Magness Arena)

Our ECHL team in Anchorage shares an arena with a D1 college team & it kinda sucks sharing one facility with two teams.. Dodgy
04-12-2012 04:40 AM
Avsrule_2002 Offline

(04-12-2012 12:24 AM)qcpuckhead Wrote:  
(04-12-2012 12:20 AM)mkhockeygoalie Wrote:  Also about Denver: Its funny how the Colorado Avalanche owner bought the Broomefield Arena to turn it into a roller derby and keep out a hockey franchise. Looks like they undermined that plan by going to the Denver Colliseum Tongue

Isn't the Denver Colosseum actually closer than the Broomefield Arena to the Avalanche's arena ? I remember hearing that, but I don't know for sure if it's true.

3.2 miles from the Coliseum to the Pepsi Center.
04-12-2012 11:22 AM
mkhockeygoalie Offline

(04-12-2012 04:40 AM)hockeybear Wrote:  Lucky for their D1 Denver Pioneers college hockey team that the CHL will be playing in a different arena. (Pioneers I think play in the Magness Arena)

Our ECHL team in Anchorage shares an arena with a D1 college team & it kinda sucks sharing one facility with two teams.. Dodgy

Especially since college hockey only plays on the weekends
04-13-2012 06:31 PM
mkhockeygoalie Offline

Sorry about the double post, but here is a link to the temporary team website

http://www.denverchl.com/

After looking at the website and browsing around a few news articles on the web, it doesn't appear like a name the team contest has been announced. (Its not important, but thought I'd throw it out on the table)
04-15-2012 12:52 PM
fanatic Offline

I don't want to ever see a team fail, but rushing in to play this season and into a NHL market. Really doesn't give me any faith this team will survive.
04-16-2012 12:56 PM
RemembertheBombers Offline

(04-11-2012 11:11 PM)qcpuckhead Wrote:  
(04-11-2012 05:05 PM)mkhockeygoalie Wrote:  First off I am honored to be the one to christen the new CHL forum Angel

This is pretty awesome news. Even if the word about Fort Wayne and Evansville leaving, and possibly Dayton folding, all turns out to be true, adding a franchise in Denver will keep the league a decent size. And it will be really great if the rumors about St Charles prove to be as true as the rumors about Denver!

From all indications, the Gems are toast. A junior team should be at Hara next year. The team president is in Kansas(and not to visit the Wizard, Dorothy or Toto), their offices are locked tight and the gift shop cleared their stuff out yesterdaySad

PopPop to the world's most beautiful grandbabies(Bradly & Serenity)
Pensacola Ice Flyers 2013 SPHL champions
Chicago BlackHawks 2013 Stanley Cup Champions
04-22-2012 01:11 PM